In addition to my science-based public lectures, I’m a passionate, skilled, and humble (ahem) performer, MC and host. The organisations that I work with value my professionalism, stage presence, and unending supply of Dad-jokes. I can guarantee a stress-free night for you, and a great evening for your guests. As both a scientist and a science communicator, I can also host scientific panel discussion (formal or casual!) and help connect brilliant researchers with your audience.
Some of my favourite events have included:
- MCing the Women in Technology Awards since 2018, featuring ~1000 guests and some incredible talented women! The 2020 event is being held online, with all of the challenges and opportunities that brings.
- Over 11 years hosting BrisScience, a monthly free public lecture series on science, including facilitating Q&A with the guest scientists.
- Interviewing Tim Flannery, Jostein Gaarder and other guests in conjunction with the Brisbane Writers Festival – including panels and one-on-one conversations
- Hosting the opening and closing ceremonies at the 2013 International Olympiad in Informatics
- Five years MCing the Lifeline Seniors Jazz & Swing night
- And, of course, weddings and birthday parties!
My extensive speaking experience is backed up by a history of acting, improvisational theatre, stand-up comedy and working as a magician – skills which I can, and often do, incorporate into an evening to ensure a truly memorable night for everyone involved! I also work closely with groups such as dancers and comedians, and so can help you organise other entertainment across the evening.
If you’re looking for a professional and competent MC, don’t hesitate to email me or call 0411 267 044.